To Be a Mom or To Be a Mrs....


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



One of the highlights of last week was meeting two good friends from college. One of them, I regularly see, while the other one, I haven’t seen for the longest time. So it was such joy to see these two friends. Who cared if it was a week day and I had to wake up early the following day?

Anyway, the friend I haven’t seen for a long time shared that she was currently facing a dilemma. Long story short, she has a medical condition where her capability to bear child is at stake. The first three or four doctors she went to suggested surgery. The last doctor she went to suggested she get pregnant, because that could also help improve her condition.

So that’s what we discussed over dinner.

My friend is in relationship for the past six or seven years, but the guy isn’t really too enthusiastic about the “baby” idea. My friend, on the other hand, isn’t that open to surgery because it is possible that something might go wrong. When I remember the things I said that night, it kind of surprised me because I would never have brought up those suggestions ten years ago. Not just because those suggestions were borne out of practicality, but mainly because, ten years ago our concerns were more about passing our Statisics class, and not about statistics of having a child.

Going back to the dinner, I remember telling my friend, “Maybe you should think about which is more important for you – to become a Mom or to become a wife.”

I really hope things go out well for her, whatever her decision would be.


0 Responses to “To Be a Mom or To Be a Mrs....”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3