That's Just Sad...(?!) Huh?!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Over the weekend, a friend I haven’t seen for quite some time now and I agreed to meet up to have coffee.

The reason we met up was because he needed to talk to someone. After we got our orders, my friend started to talk. And I basically listened to the things he said. After he opened up, he also asked me to share what’s been going on with me. So I did. I told him that a lot of changes have happened, and that I’m getting used to thee changes. I shared my thoughts about certain things, thoughts which I shared with only one man in the past four years.

After I did my talking, the first words that came out of my friend’s mouth was “That’s just sad.”

This surprised me. One, because I never saw the recent changes as “sad,” and two, I don’t feel sad at all. It’s weird, huh? Could it be that I’m just accustomed to the way things are and I’ve started to think that things aren’t sad, but it really is sad, if I’d only look from an objective point of view? Or could it be that I’m just really okay with my current situation? Period. I mean, yeah, work could be better, but generally, I seem to be enjoying having control of my own schedule.

When I told my friend the reason why I’m not dating, he had this surprised look on his face again. But again, the reason why I’m not dating is something that I think is natural and acceptable.

Weird, huh?


0 Responses to “That's Just Sad...(?!) Huh?!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3