When She Left the Company...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wednesday last week was a good day.

Bernice made a surprise visit at the office. I don't think I've ever mentioned Bernice in my blog, so let me introduce her to you.

Bernice is the one responsible why I am working with the Company right now. If it weren't for her, I would still be a starving, unemployed (okay, I'm being too dramatic) person. Hehe! Simply put, I was the replacement for Bernice. After being with the Company for more than 4 years(!!!), she decided it was time to leave and move on to another field.

Here's the interesting thing. It seems that we just traded workplaces, sort of. She left the corporate world and is now working with an NGO. On the other hand, remember I used to work with Pahinungod so in a way, I can say that I left the NGO world to join the corporate jungle.

When I started working with the Company, Bernice has already left and since she was on several out of town trips/assignments, it took a couple of weeks before she was able to drop by the office and endorse things. It was kind of weird because we immediately hit it off. It's as if we've known each other for quite some time now. I felt really comfortable with her, and it's easy to like her. And I think she also found me easy to get along with. Either that or she's just really nice. Hehehe!

After that meeting, I think last Wednesday was the only time that we got to see each other again. And it's all because she had a conference at one of the hotels in the area.

She was at the office at 4PM, and waited till 6PM for Shy because they were going to have dinner and catch up. Lucky me, I got dragged along. Hehehe!

We headed to Chef D' Angelo and just chatted away while having a good dinner. It was really great to know that things are going really well with her. She enjoys her new job. She's loving what she's doing. And she now has this guy who loves her very much. Yep, she had to leave the Company to find the boyfriend. Hehehe! Maybe the Company has a curse. Hehehe!

But seriously, I'm really happy for her because everything seems to be smooth sailing for her.

After talking about old and new jobs, ex-boyfriends and new boyfriends, relationships, "scary" moments (Hehe!), we decided to call it a night. It was only a little past 8 when we decided to go home. Augh! Is this what happens when you near 30? Hehe!

So that's how Wednesday afternoon till early evening went for me. Thanks Bernice for the surprise visit. I hope we could all hang out again soon.


0 Responses to “When She Left the Company...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3