Sunday Morning...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sunday was the best day of the week.

I was doing my usual Sunday morning thing, when my cousin called me and told me that a package arrived for me last Saturday. I got all excited because I already knew what that package was. I quickly went over to my cousin and she brought out this really huge (and heavy) package. I couldn’t help but smile. After thanking her, I quickly went to my room and put the package on my bed and just admired it for a good minute or two. Hehehe!

Afterwards, being the (somewhat) OC freak that I am, I got a pair of scissors and carefully cut through the perforation. As soon as the box opened, I took out all the styropor cushions and slowly brought out the contents of the box.

It was the best. I felt like a kid who received his birthday and Christmas gifts on the same day.

The content of the box included, among others, a shirt from Express, the Tom Ford issue of Vanity Fair, a Sound of Music DVD, an autographed copy of David Stukas’s Going Down for the Count, and a USB memory stick.

The ones that really brought a very, very big smile on my face were the latest issue of V Man and a hardcover copy of Michael Thomas Ford’s new novel, Full Circle(!!!).

Woo woo woo!

Freaky as it may sound, I even smelled the pages of the novel. Awww! The smell of the fresh pages of a new book is just so intoxicating. Hehehe!

Now that I have Full Circle, I better hurry up with my reading. Hay, my to-read list is getting longer and longer. I haven’t started yet on the two Timothy James Beck novels I bought. I’m still planning to buy the other Beck novel, Someone Like You. Right now, I’m still trying to finish the book Chari lent me - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chambon.

I also received a wonderful card that read, "Quit being younger than me, you b*tch." It was hilarious. Hehehe!

Uhm, except for the V Man and Vanity Fair, everything was really a surprise.

I'm not sure if the Zee Man sent all the other goodies to me because of the package I recently FedExed to him - which included two copies of ICON, an ICON backpack, a souvenir keychain from the SEAGames, a notebook from Raymund Isaac, signed photos of Diether Ocampo, signed souvenir program of the Zsazsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal, a Government shirt, and a signed copy of Ladlad.

In any case, biggest, biggest, biggest thanks to the Zee Man.

Two new books, two new magazines, a DVD, a USB memory stick, and a shirt – tell me if that’s not more than enough to make you smile. Hehehe!


0 Responses to “Sunday Morning...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3