Surprises from Kavalier and Clay...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm still reading Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

When Chari lent it to me and I found out that the story was primarily about how two cousins developed a character that would become one of the bestselling comic books in the 40s and 50s, I wasn't sure if it would be able to keep my interest level very high.

I mean, come on. The last few books I've read were almost all chick lit and now, I'm about to read a book of a completely different type. I mean, yeah, I've read comic books back when I was still much younger, but I wasn't really the type who became addicted to it.

Anyway, I did start reading the book and although it has taken me a while to get to uhm, page 400, I'm glad that I decided to keep on turning the page.

The last few chapters I've read had a very pleasant surprise. Woo woo woo!

And even if that "surprise" wasn't included, I would still continue reading the book because the writing is just really, really superb.

No wonder it's Pulitzer prize winner.

Learn more about the book here.

Thanks Chari for introducing me to these two wonderboys.


0 Responses to “Surprises from Kavalier and Clay...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3