Photo Shoot at the Company...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rhaye works his magic...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Loving the styling job...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Smile for the camera...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shoot done! Yay! Happy People!


Things have just been crazy here at work. A photo shoot project was dropped to me at the very, very, very last minute and I had to do a million things a day before the photo shoot itself and during the actual photo shoot. (Much, much thanks to Suki for giving me Rhaye’s number.)

On a very rainy and a very early Wednesday morning, I arrived at the office with tapes, alligator clips, extra ties, extra shoes, extra belts, extra shirts (from my own closet), a flat iron, a shoot list, among others.

By 7.30 AM, I’ve already began setting up the location. My project partner, Cathy, also arrived and we started identifying where to set up the hair and makeup, where the food section would be, where the pressing area would be. We had to convert Corp. Comm.’s small unit into a studio. (I miss Raymund’s studio. Hehe!)

Then, I brought out the clothes, that the talents would wear and started pressing them. In between clothes, I called the uniform suppliers to request for more uniforms and some shoes, which we didn’t have yet. Thank gawd they were efficient.

By 9.30AM, all hell was starting to break loose. We had a very late photographer. We had a very good makeup artist (everyone loved his makeup on the talents.). Talents were already starting to arrive.

While two of my officemates took care of the art direction, Cathy and I took care of the styling. I would press the clothes. And then Cathy and I would decide what clothes the talent should wear, what accessories to go with the clothes. I dressed up the male talents. When I was done with the male talents, I assisted Cathy with the female talents. (She really enjoyed this whole styling thing. I'm really glad. When she got home that night, she called me to say she learned so much from me and that she had fun. Isn't she the sweetest?)

Like in Icon shoots, I started to get a bit tense. I can just imagine Suki telling me, “Relax. Relax.” And I tried to. Very much. At the end of the day, I was actually happy because I really do enjoy shoots.

The shoot ended a little before six. I was dead tired. But at least, Cathy and I (and the rest of the team) pulled it through, thank God!

Believe it or not, it is only today that my life is starting to get back to its “normal” track again. Hehehe!

I owe everything to the training I got from Icon. If not for the numerous photo shoots we had, I would be totally clueless about what to do in a photo shoot. I must say that Icon is really such a good training ground. The benefits you get from being part of the Icon team are way beyond material benefits.

You develop character and skills, which help you in your other undertakings.

I know, I know. I sound like I’m tooting our own horn, but I’m not. I’m just stating a fact.


0 Responses to “Photo Shoot at the Company...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3