An Afternoon with Dr. Kinsey...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sundays are starting to be a routine.

In the morning, I stay home to clean my room, dust the shelves, re-arrange things. (I hate it that the shelves get dusty so quickly. If anyone knows a remedy for this, please let me know.) After I’m done with my chores, I just relax, or at least, I try to – read a book, watch a movie I’ve watched a million times, get some sleep.

Right after lunch, I would take a nap before preparing to go out. Afternoons are usually spent at Greenbelt – Mass at 4.30PM, then a trip to the bookstore or the mall. I really enjoy the 4.30PM Mass when the celebrant is Fr. Jun Sescon. He’s the chaplain, and I must say that he’s quite a good priest. His homilies are never boring, and I don’t find myself tuning out when it’s time for the sermon.

Last Sunday, I decided to watch Kinsey. It was screening at Greenbelt 1, and I’ve been really planning to watch it. So after Mass, I headed straight to the cinemas to catch the 6.20PM screening. While everyone else watched the movie about a man in a blue suit and a red cape, I watched this movie about a man in a (tweed) suit who seems to be the one responsible for opening the minds of a majority on issues related to sex. I was a bit surprised by some of the notions people used to have about sex.

Did you know that the “zipper” is a tool of the devil, at least that’s what Dr. Kinsey’s father preached to the people in his community. I’ve always looked at the zipper as well, just a zipper, but according to Dr. Kinsey’s father, the zipper is “a quick access to moral oblivion.”

And what about when you feel like pleasuring yourself? Again, Dr. Kinsey’s father found this act to be a work of the devil. So what do you do when you feel “tempted?” 1.) Keep your bowels open. (Or I must have misheard the sentence.) 2.) Read the Sermon on the Mount. 3.) Sit with your balls submerged in cold water. 4.) Think of your mother’s pure love.

When Kinsey married Clara Macmillen, the two had a problem doing the act because apparently, Dr. Kinsey is well-endowed. So the couple goes to a doctor/therapist to consult their problem and when the doctor asks in what position does the couple do it. A very surprised Mrs. Kinsey replies, “Is there more than one way to do it?”

Before watching this movie, I didn’t have any idea how big Dr. Kinsey’s contribution to the field of science and research was. I’ve always thought that Dr. Kinsey was only about the Kinsey Scale. Turns out he’s much, much more.

Another reason why I liked the film was that it had a “research” angle in it. I could easily relate to it, being a communication research major. I was planning to email my professor from UP about the movie, but I couldn’t find her email address.


0 Responses to “An Afternoon with Dr. Kinsey...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3