I Can Do This Job...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just finished reading an article on New York Times about how "closet organizing" is one of the "in" things today in NY.

The way I understood the article, what a closet organizer would do is to, well, make sure that everything in the client's closet is well-arranged and organized. In the article, two closet organizers took photos every single piece of clothing in a client's closet just in case the client gets into an "I have nothing to wear" emergency. The closet organizers also visit the client twice a year just to rotate her clothes, making sure that the clothes for the season are the ones that are most accessible.

And as for the rates, read below:

"Their clients, of course, are among the more affluent of the obsessively organized, and can afford Visual Therapy's services almost as easily as a manicure. (Mr. Lupo and Mr. Garza charge $450 an hour for the daylong sessions typically required to redo a woman's closet and wardrobe; men's sessions, at the same rate, usually last about half as long.)"

$450(!!!) an hour(!!!)

Whoa!

This is something I'm quite sure I can do. I tend to be OC most of the time, after all, and I just can't can't can't stand clutter (although I do find myself cluttered every now and then).

Whose closets would I want to organize? Ehm, initially, I'd have to say - Sharon Cuneta, Gretchen Barretto, Doyee Tumpalan, and Lucy Torres.

Read the NY Times article here.


0 Responses to “I Can Do This Job...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3