Finally Watched It....


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I haven't been seeing any of the barkadings lately. I've been all work, work, work lately, and the words "social life" are so close to being eradicated from my vocabulary.

So it was such a pleasant surprise for me when Suki invited me to watch The Devil Wears Prada, together with the other barkadings. Though it was a weeknight, I decided to go because I'm sure that if there were any people who'd enjoy the movie as much as I would, it'll be the barkadings.

We watched at Rockwell. Suki and Richie were able to get very good seats. The moment the opening scene began, I got all excited. I knew I would enjoy the movie, and it became more enjoyable hearing my friends laugh out loud, having small chats with Suki to compare the movie and the novel, seeing Vince seated on the edge of his seat and his eyes totally glued to the big screen.

After the movie, we all went to Mati to talk about the film, of course, and to have a drink.

My favorite part of the movie was the one where Miranda would come into office and just hurl her coat and bag at Andy's table day after day after day. Don't get me wrong. I didn't enjoy seeing Andy go through hell. What I loved about it was that no coat and no handbag was repeated. That was really a "high" moment. Hehehe!

I also enjoyed the scene where Miranda gave an in-depth lecture about the two belts, after Andy smirked when a Runway editor showed the similar looking belts to Miranda and said, "This is going to be a tough one."

Uhm, I guess my only slight disappointment was that I thought the movie would be faithful to the novel, but as with most novels turned into movies, it wasn't.

Still, I enjoyed the Devil Wears Prada and I think I'll see it again. Hehehe!

That's all.


0 Responses to “Finally Watched It....”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Clayman
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • My life in xx words. Thirties. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Right now, living and loving in Tokyo. Filipino & Nanyang. Enjoys conversations. Born to travel. Believes volunteerism makes a difference. Writes whenever inspired. Used to dream of becoming a father. City boy on the outside, country guy on the inside. Loves watching the sunrise.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Current To-Read List

Their Blogs



Around the World

Locations of visitors to this page

Tag Board

Archives

Site Meter




ATOM 0.3